The Pride Network's Social Impact Grant program is designed to help create solutions and sustainably empower vulnerable communities through strategically investing resources and inspiring confidence in passionate LGBTQ+ youth leaders.
LGBTQ+ students selected for the Transformational Leadership Initiative will receive up to $2,000 of impact investment, access to our EMERGE+ leadership training, and a professional mentor to facilitate the success of their meaningful and sustainable local-impact project over the course of one year.
The launch of TPN’s Social Impact Grants signals a paradigm shift in social justice work: It is our vision that young, LGBTQ+ leaders are empowered to address complex social challenges without having to rely on multi-million dollar organizations to create change at the grassroots. It is our vision to build a framework of holistic investment in emerging LGBTQ+ leadership, as a way to raise up brilliant minds and hearts as a sustainable solution to persistent societal dilemmas such as racism, transphobia, and inequity.
Over the course of their experiences as a grant recipient, everyone can expect to increase their understanding of how to:
- Develop a practical, discipline-oriented approach to problem solving
- Develop a robust project mission and budget
- Develop a strategic plan of action
- Develop quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure the project’s impact
- Develop a sustainability strategy to ensure that impact continues into the future
- Develop new competencies that will serve their professional growth
Each project is to be completed within a one-year time frame to ensure its success. TLI participants will be assigned a mentor with whom they can meet one-on-one during the planning and implementation process.
Individuals who wish to apply for a Social Impact Grant must fill out an application.
1. To access funds, recipients must submit invoices and receipts for reimbursement
2. Requests for reimbursement will only be accepted within a calendar year of award
3. Items are only eligible for reimbursement if they are included on the budget in your application
4. Grant funds cannot be redeemed for direct compensation/wages
5a. The first 50% of grant funding ($1000) will become available after three completed sessions of EMERGE+
5b. The remaining 50% ($1,000) of grant funding will become available after eight completed sessions of EMERGE+
6. All funding is conditional to adherence to the Transformational Leadership Initiative Program Participant Agreement
The Pride Network will continue to offer other tools, support, and opportunities for alumni to continue to learn, grow, and network after they have completed the program.